Interested in Volunteering?
There are a number of ways you can volunteer to help the food bank.
We are continually increasing fundraising efforts to meet the expanding budget. Here are some examples of ways volunteers have helped us.
- picking up donated food from stores and libraries and delivering to the Depot
- helping with the PopUp Clothing event held seasonally
- working on the Back to School project that provides school supplies, backpacks
- distributing pamphlets to schools and churches, libraries
- promoting and helping with our annual large fundraiser, including the Silent Auction tables
- networking to assist in attracting annual and event sponsors
- providing pro bono professional expertise in all areas; marketing, accounting, fundraising, logistics, event planning, website
We are presently looking for people (who are passionate about helping a food bank improve) to lead marketing and also fundraising. These two functions often go hand in hand, but it takes more than one person to cover them both fully. For example, the attraction, retention, and care of donors and sponsors is vital to our sustainability, and these straddle the two portfolios.
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer!