Funds represent the area of greatest need for the Food Bank. Many registrants prefer to receive food cards which must be purchased. Food cards allow registrants the dignity of choosing their own food as well as being able to shop the loss leaders every week.
You can donate on line through Canada Helps. They will issue your tax receipt and forward the funds to us, minus a small administrative fee.
If you prefer not to make an on line donation,
you can also donate by cheque.
Cheques should be mailed to:
King Township Food Bank
P.O. Box 224
or call us (905-806-1125) for pickup.
Food can be dropped off at:
- Nobleton, King City and Schomberg Libraries
- King City Fire Hall
- Many Churches throughout the Township
- Schomberg’s Foodland
- John’s No Frills in Nobleton
- Coppa’s King City
- No glass containers, please. They are a safety issue for the handlers, in addition to being messy if dropped.
- Please, no dried pasta. The Food Bank has an amazing surplus of pasta of all shapes and sizes.
- We request that only foods that have not passed their best before date be donated. Our policy is to offer food that any shopper would purchase from the grocery store.
Donate Food Cards (PC and Foodland)
We offer PC cards (for No Frills) and Foodland cards (for Schomberg Foodland) as these are the food stores in King closest to most registrants. Of course these cards can be used at any store in the two chains.
You can purchase a food card from the display at cash at Schomberg Foodland; once loaded, the store puts them in the safe for us to pick up monthly.
If you wish to purchase a food card at No Frills, choose the denomination you prefer and after having it loaded, you can ask the cashier to be sure to give it to Nadia for KTFB or give it to any Food Bank volunteer who will be sure it goes to a registrant.
For Your Business
Business donations and sponsorships are welcome. Should your business choose to make a donation, you will receive a tax receipt. Alternatively, should your business elect to support the Food Bank through a sponsorship, we will provide you with an invoice. View our 2017 Web Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF) and 2017 Specific Needs Support Opportunities (PDF).