Christmas in King Registration
Christmas in King registration is available to any resident of King or member of a church that is located in King, as it reaches beyond the King Township Food Bank. CiK volunteers know that many people manage without support 11 months of the year, but December can tip the scales severely.
It is not a separate charity, but relies on the support of KTFB through website and food bank volunteers as well as helping with supplying some items. Those who are not known to the Food Bank through present or past registrations will only need to supply a reference, preferably a priest, doctor or food bank volunteer to complete the registration.
If you need help, email through this website.
2017 Christmas in King Donor Program
CiK Community Liaisons:
Curious as to how you can help? Here are some suggestions:
- Donate a hamper of festive foods. CiK will provide the box and a family profile to assist in choosing items. CiK will also provide a list of suggested items as thought starters. Boxes are in different sizes, according to the number in the household. Please note, these are almost SOLD OUT
- Donate funds. Donations requiring a tax receipt must be in the form of a cheque payable to King Township Food Bank, with CiK in the memo line. The Food Bank will issue tax receipts for your donation. Some churches also allow donations to be made through their offering. Be sure to check with your church administrator.
- Donate a gift : CiK’s program works by providing one requested present per adult and two per child. Adult gifts are to be wrapped, please, but not the children’s gifts. Please note that the donation of gift cards is a double gift, because the donor not only provides a gift for the individual, but in the case of a child, the gift of empowering a parent to provide Christmas for their child. Many of the registrants request gift cards. Donations of gift wrap and bows, tags, are also welcome.
- You may fully ‘adopt’ a family and provide Christmas. Wreath, turkey, gifts and hamper would come to $400 for a family of 4 with two children, for example.
You choose the size of family. We will shop and wrap for you.
- Volunteer to shop, with reimbursement from CiK.
- Toonies for Turkeys . . . set up a jar for your customers or staff to drop in toonies. We value frozen turkeys at about $2 per pound, so $50 buys a 25 lb turkey for a family of 7, for example.
In addition, CiK needs volunteer teams with strong backs:
- Three volunteer teams of two or three, with a closed truck or large van, to deliver the gifts and Holiday Hampers to each of the three centres; King City, Nobleton, and Kettleby. This availability needs to be during the daylight hours of Wednesday, December 13th, with a ‘weather date’ of the 14th or 15th . Mornings are preferred.
- A volunteer with a truck, preferably covered, to pick up wreaths from BTN and deliver to the three centres. Pickup/delivery date later during the week, as Distribution happens on the 16th.
The King City Fire Hall is willing to accept cheques for Christmas in King and King Township Food Bank during their open hours. They will put them away in a safe place for us to collect. Thanks go to Chief Wall and his team for offering this helpful way to get monetary donations to the Food Bank and CiK.
We are grateful to Round the Bend and BTN for the donation of fresh turkeys and wreaths again in 2017. Christmas in King reaches beyond the Food Bank to help others needing assistance to have a merry Christmas. This year we are responding to requests for well over 200 people. Only the donors can make this happen!
CiK and its donors would like to believe that everyone in King has a Merry Christmas; each year we get closer to that dream.